Microsoft Security Advisory 955179
Vulnerability in the ActiveX Control for the Snapshot Viewer for Microsoft Access Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Published: July 07, 2008 | Updated: August 12, 2008
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a private report of this vulnerability. We have issued MS08-041 to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review MS08-041. The vulnerability addressed is the Snapshot Viewer Arbitrary File Download Vulnerability - CVE-2008-2463.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting Microsoft Help and Support: Contact Us.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit International Support.
- Microsoft TechNet Security provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- July 7, 2008: Advisory published
- August 12, 2008: Advisory updated to reflect publication of security bulletin.
Built at 2014-04-18T13:49:36Z-07:00