Services Hub Releases
Below you will find all the recent Services Hub releases by month for the past twelve months.
Announcing end of support for the Services Hub mobile app on October 15, 2022
Due to ongoing maintenance costs, app store requirements, competing priorities, and low usage we are ending support for Services Hub mobile app. We are committed to providing a feature-rich Services Hub site experience, and we will be focusing our development resources on powering that effort for the time being. New users won’t be able to download the mobile app from the stores. Users who have downloaded the app won’t be able to engage with the Services Hub features (Support, Learning, Assessments) through the mobile app.
AAD Groups Feature
AAD Groups Functionality allows a Service Admin to grant AAD security group access to Microsoft Services Hub. Service Admin can take advantage of getting all required users into Microsoft Services Hub with the simplicity of user login and granting AAD security group access easily. Part of this feature allows the adding of Permissions for groups, and the ability to edit and remove Security Group Access.
Services Hub CSPM Dashboard Retirement
Cloud Support Plan Management (CSPM) currently has two internal dashboards displaying similar information, one in the Services Hub and the other in RMEx. The Services Hub Dashboard presents a view for a single customer at a time and only presents a subset of the potential matches for the customer. It can manually map and exclude subscriptions and tenants. The RMEx Dashboard provides a more robust experience. It presents mapping insights, detailing the current mapping status for all of a CSAMs customers on a single page. It has search capabilities and provides the ability to map, un-map and exclude subscriptions and tenants. Additionally, the terminology used in the Services Hub differs from the terminology in RMEx leading to confusion.
Email Newsletter Pages
Want to read information that has been in prior Newsletter email? You can select focus areas to see related content from previous Services Hub monthly newsletters.
We have been busy improving framework, infrastructure and some fundamental items.
Share your Services Hub ideas with Microsoft Ideas
Have ideas for new features or improvements for Services Hub? Easily share your ideas with the team and vote on other ideas to share your support and help our team prioritize new work.
Learn more about our feedback features by visiting the Feedback documentation. Feedback.
Build customizable reports with Services Hub Open Canvas
Easily build customizable, self-service reporting using a curated dataset against your support data – enabling you to explore, share, and deepen your insights with your team. With Services Hub Open Canvas, Unified and Premier customers have an easy-to-use, comprehensive, on-demand reporting experience with the ability to design custom reports or leverage and customize report templates created and shared by other users.
Open Canvas Empowers you to:
- Use your data to analyze trends and identify root cause issues
- Maintain and optimize systems to prevent issues and minimize disruption
- View reactive support and outage information
- Services Hub administrators control access to the Open Canvas reporting experience
- Set your reporting scope for Azure Subscription cases with the Manage Subscriptions feature
- Zoom-in to just the data you need the most with the Focus Areas feature
- Leverage pre-built reports with Shared Canvas
- Author your own report using the report editor with the Create a Report feature
- Export data from your reports
To learn more about this new reporting experience, visit our Open Canvas documentation at Open Canvas Insights.
Remove Case Recommendations from Services Hub
Removing the rarely used trending recommendations feature. Due to rare usage, the algorithm isn’t providing the correct trending data recommendations via machine learning. Also removing Incident Trend Analysis (people/process/technology) from the chart graph "Number of support requests"
- Better User Experience and Performance
- Easier to support
- Changes on landing page such as removal of search button, whole name in upright corner instead of just first name.
Workspace in degraded state banner
A new red banner will be displayed at the top of your Services Hub workspace that says, "Workspace degraded This workspace does not include an active support enabled package and cannot be used to create a support request. Please contact your Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM)."
Services Hub Feedback
New Services Hub Feedback experience now available
Users can now share product feedback directly in Services Hub. Using the Feedback button in the primary navigation, use the dialog box to rate your satisfaction and provide additional comments to the team around Services Hub.
Self-service newsletter management now available
Customers subscribed to receive Microsoft Services newsletters, which were previously setup exclusively through their Customer Support Account Manager (CSAM), can now manage these subscriptions directly inside the Services Hub Profile page. This provides the ability to self-service from the catalog of Premier and Unified communications. To learn more, visit the Self-service Newsletter Management documentation.
Newsletter management capabilities available in a user’s Profile page
As an individual user, if your organization is enrolled in the service, you’ll see the following capabilities inside the Communications settings of your Services Hub Profile page:
- List all newsletters a user is actively subscribed to, allowing them to remove themselves if desired
- Display the catalog of available newsletters, allowing a user to subscribe themself if desired
- Apply filters (title/subject/frequency/type/language) inside the newsletter catalog to easily search available newsletters.
Newsletters management capabilities available in Admin Center
As a Global Administrator for your organization’s Unified or Premier agreement, if your organization is enrolled in the service, you’ll see the following capabilities inside the Newsletter section of your Services Hub Admin Center Customer settings:
- Display all newsletters where users are subscribed
- Display the catalog of available newsletters, allowing a user to subscribe a user if desired
- Display the list of users & customer managed distribution lists that are subscribed to the service and which newsletters they receive
- Apply filters (title/subject/frequency/type/language) inside the newsletter catalog to easily search available newsletters
- See the list of subscribers for each newsletter
- Global Administrators can add one or more subscribers for a newsletter by entering their email address.
Preferred email address
The preferred email address allows Services Hub to validate a user's communication preferences and is required for some features on Services Hub. If a user has not completed this step as part of setting up their Profile, we have moved the notification to the “Preferred email address” field on the Profile page so users can easily identify how to resolve this issue.
- The banner notification is now visible on the Profile page
- The banner notification now includes the ability to resend the preferred email address. notification.
- Resolved a bug intermittently affecting customers where users being set as support contacts did not receive reactive support case creation abilities.
Customer Activity page improvements
- Improved the logic on displaying reactive support cases. This will assign cases previously listed in the Additional Cases list to their correct package association.
- Updated the Customer Activity Page to display description and consumption details of new services when they are part of a customer's agreement.
Customer Activity Page Education Reporting Enhancements: Removing Individual User Progress
The Customer Activity Page recently added reporting of individual user’s progress consuming learning activities. Customers now have the option to remove this reporting if they would prefer to maintain the privacy of a user’s education progress. To have this enabled, please reach out to your Customer Success Account Manager.
Manage Users page improvements
- Resolved a bug intermittently affecting customers where users being assigned as Support contacts did not receive reactive support case creation abilities.
- Improved banner notifications and email templates for CSAMs and customers
Management and Sign-in experience improvements
New FAQs for Services Hub users have been released on the sign-in page. These FAQs will provide users with more assistance in signing into Services Hub. Access the new FAQs here or click the "Need help signing in?" link on the Services Hub sign-in page.
Assistance with Services Hub setup issues
Customers who cannot open support requests because their Services Hub isn’t correctly setup will now see a banner at the top of their landing page informing them that their workspace is in a degraded state. A link to contact their CSAM will also be provided to request help remediating this issue.
Built-in Proactive Services tile in Customer Activity Page
If part of their agreement, Unified Advanced Support & Unified Performance Support customers will now see a link inside the “Built-in Proactive Services” tile to navigate directly to the list of available services that can use this entitlement.
Consent flyout panel updates
- Enhanced the look and feel of the Consent flyout for managing access to your cloud subscriptions
Services Hub Site Help
Contact Us experience updates
- Updated the Product Category taxonomy for easier navigation
Self-help now available during Services Hub application
Users opening a support case for Services Hub site experiences will now be presented with Self-help information to provide solutions to common questions.
Training Management updates
Enhanced the new learning management experiences to improve usability when managing learning assignments. Learning managers and CSAMs can now extend and edit assignments inline for improved flexibility when performing training management.
- Extend due date for specific individuals within an assignment
- Cancel for specific individuals within an assignment
Enhanced Solutions now displayed in the Services Catalog
Unified Support & Premier Support customers can now see Enhanced Solutions inside the Services Catalog page.
- Enhanced Solutions are now searchable in the catalog.
- Proactive Accelerators are now searchable in the catalog.
- A new ‘Service Type’ pivot is available for Enhanced Solutions.
Customer Activity page progress status
Customer Activity Page users can now view progress for individual users who are consuming Learning on Demand content.
Case creation available for Greater China
Users in the Greater China Region, Taiwan, Korea, & Japan can now submit cases for on-prem and China Cloud (21vianet) products requiring 24x7 support online through the case creation experience. Previously, these users had to submit these support requests via telephone.
Support Request details move to React
Support Request details move to React. Improvements include:
- Improved case communications experience
- improved and simplified sharing capabilities
- Improve description and request details view
Services Hub Site Help
Self-help now available during Services Hub site help case creation
Users opening a support case for Services Hub site experiences will now be presented with self-help information to provide solutions to common questions.
Training Management updates
Enhanced the new learning management experiences to improve usability when creating, tracking, or cancelling learning assignments. Learning managers can now edit an assignment to add/remove users or user groups alongside extending the due date for a learning activity.
Learning Management page:
- Learning managers can now filter an assignment by “Assigned To” and “Progress” for actionability
- Editing or cloning a learning assignment will now display a fly-out panel for adjusting learners and due date
- Added inline controls for directly accessing the assignment details page
- Added inline controls for directly editing learning assignment’s users and due date
- Added inline controls for directly cancelling a learning assignment
- Added inline controls for directly cloning a learning assignment to easily provide a duplicate version for other users or user groups.
- Courses displayed in the ‘My Courses’ tab now include a button to access the Assignment Details page
View Assignment details:
- Learning managers now can edit an assignment to add/remove users or user groups as applicable alongside extending the due date or cancel an assignment if not applicable
- Learning managers can now cancel an assignment that might not be assigned as expected or not applicable.
- Learners can now view detailed meta data on the content assigned including “Assigned by”. This allows them to contact the Learning manager in case the due date needs to extended, course needs to be canceled as it got assigned by mistake, etc.
- Added a breadcrumb navigation for quickly navigating back to the Learning Management page
Case creation updates
- Users creating cases for GitHub as a product are now redirected to the GitHub portal for faster response
- Updated the severity titles and descriptions displayed when creating a support case to add consistency across cloud portals
- Improvements to case assignment logic, reducing the number of manual assignment actions required by CSAMs, IMs and Customers
Support landing page updates
- Improvement to consent deep detection for customers with over 1000 subscriptions
Removed the Contract Details page from the Services Hub navigation
- The legacy Contract Details page is officially retired in place of the Customer Activity page, which lets a user see the details of their support purchase and consumption.
For general feedback on the Resource Center or content, please submit your feedback to your Microsoft representative. For specific requests and content updates regarding the Services Hub, contact our Support Team to submit a case.