By Pavel Yosifovich
Published: July 18, 2018
Download CpuStres (2.2 MB)
CpuStres is a utility that can be used to simulate CPU activity by running up to 64 threads in a tight loop.
Each thread can be started, paused or stopped independently and can be configured with the following parameters:
- Activity Level This can be Low, Medium, Busy or Maximum which controls how long the thread sleepss between cycles. Setting this value to Maximum causes the thread to run continuously.
- Priority This controls the thread priority. Refer to Windows Internals by Mark Russinovich for details on thread priorities
- Client: Windows Vista and higher
- Server: Windows Server 2003 and higher
- Nano Server: 2016 and higher
- Windows Internals Book The official updates and errata page for the definitive book on Windows internals, by Mark Russinovich and David Solomon.