HP Operations Manager Integration Pack for System Center - Orchestrator
This version of Orchestrator has reached the end of support. We recommend you to upgrade to Orchestrator 2022.
The Integration Pack for HP Operations Manager is an add-on for System Center - Orchestrator that enables you to automate the consolidation and correlation of fault and performance events across your entire physical and virtual IT infrastructure.
Microsoft is committed to protecting your privacy while delivering software that brings you the performance, power, and convenience you want. For more information, see the Privacy Statement for System Center - Orchestrator.
The Integration Pack for HP Operations Manager requires the following software to be installed and configured prior to implementing the integration. For more information about installing and configuring Orchestrator and the HP Operations Manager application, see the respective product documentation.
- System Center 2016 integration packs require System Center 2016 - Orchestrator
- System Center 2019 integration packs require System Center 2019 - Orchestrator
- HP Operations Manager 9.x
Downloading the Integration Pack
To download this integration pack for Orchestrator 2016, see HP Operations Manager Integration Pack for System Center 2016 - Orchestrator.
To download this integration pack for Orchestrator 2019, see HP Operations Manager Integration Pack for System Center 2019 - Orchestrator.
Registering and Deploying the Integration Pack
After you download the integration pack file, you must register it with the Orchestrator management server and then deploy it to Runbook servers and Runbook Designers. For the procedures on installing integration packs, see How To Add an Integration Pack.
Configuring the HP Operations Manager Connections
A connection establishes a reusable link between Orchestrator and an HP Operations Manager server. You can create as many connections as you require to specify links to multiple servers running HP Operations Manager. You can also create multiple connections to the same server to allow for differences in security permissions for different user accounts.
To set up an HP Operations Manager configuration
- In the Runbook Designer, select the Options menu, and select HP Operations Manager. The HP Operations Manager dialog appears.
- On the Configurations tab, select Add to begin the connection setup. The Add Configuration dialog appears.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the connection. This could be the name of the HP Operations Manager server or a descriptive name to distinguish the type of connection.
- Select the ellipsis button (...) next to the Type field and then select HPOM Configuration.
- In the HPOM Host box, enter the name or IP address of the HP Operations Manager computer. If you're using the computer name, you can enter the NetBIOS name or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- In the HPOM Port box, enter the port used to connect to the HP Operations Manager computer. By default the HPOM Port is set to 443.
- In the HPOM Username and HPOM Password boxes, enter the credentials that Orchestrator will use to connect to the HP Operations Manager server. When a connection is used for a Launch Tool activity, an HPOM Administrator account must be used. All other activities can use an HPOM User account.
- Select OK to close the configuration dialog.
- Add additional connections if applicable.
- Select Finish.