Add an existing SOFS to the VMM fabric
This version of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) has reached the end of support. We recommend you to upgrade to VMM 2022.
You can add an existing scale-out file server (SOFS) to the System Center - Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) storage fabric. When you add a file server, VMM automatically discovers all the file shares on it.
- Select Fabric > Storage > Home > Add Resource > Storage Devices to open the Add Storage Devices Wizard.
- If the file server is in a domain that's not trusted by the Hyper-V hosts for which it will provide storage, select This computer is in an untrusted Active Directory domain. Select Browse and select a Run As account with admin permissions on the SOFS. Or create a Run As account if you don't have one.
- In Select Provider type, select Windows-based file server.
- In Specify Discovery Scope, enter the FQDN or IP address of the SOFS (not of the underlying cluster)
- In Gather Information, VMM discovers and imports information about the SOFS.
- In Select Storage Device, select the file shares that you want VMM to manage. You can configure more settings on the file server after you finish the wizard.
- On the Summary page, confirm the settings and then select Finish. You can monitor the cluster status on the Jobs page. After the job finishes, check the SOFS in Fabric > Storage > File servers.