Are there any requirements or restrictions for where I teach?
We see the world as your classroom
At TakeLessons, we don't dictate where or when you teach lessons. As an independent contractor, you can teach wherever you want as long as it's professional and conducive to quality learning.
During your account setup process, you'll indicate exactly where you teach and whether or not you are willing to travel or teach online. You can also customize your lesson prices based on teaching location.
With TakeLessons, you can teach:
- At your location (e.g. your home, church, school, nearby library or cafe, or personal studio space)
- On the go (i.e. travel to your students)
- Online lessons with TakeLessons Classroom or by using a third party online platform such as Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Online lessons are hosted through TakeLessons Classroom, our video-chat platform built just for teachers. Or, through an alternate online platform of your choosing. Learn more about TakeLessons Classroom here.
- Studio locations are provided by you, not TakeLessons (we don't cover costs for studio rentals, etc)
- Lessons happening in a home environment must take place in a clean professional environment (i.e. no bedrooms, creepy basements, or any other unprofessional location)