Automate the configuration of Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
You'll be able to deploy Desired State Configuration (DSC) extensions, implement those extensions to remediate noncompliant servers, and use custom script extension.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Azure automation.
- Implement Azure automation with DSC.
- Remediate noncompliant servers.
- Describe custom script extension.
- Configure a VM by using DSC extensions.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing the Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Common Windows Server management tools
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Security-related technologies such as firewalls, encryption, and multi-factor authentication
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Automation and monitoring
Knowledge check min