Keeping your cloud secure means more than just adding permissions to resources. Learn about what cloud security means, including threats and cryptography.
In this module you will:
- Understand the importance of risk assessment in implementing cloud security
- Understand how cloud customers and cloud service providers share responsibility for security
- List some of the prominent threats to cloud security
- Understand the role that cryptography plays in securing data
- Understand the difference between symmetric encryption and asymmetric encryption
- Understand how public key cryptography facilitates the secure exchange of data
- Explain the concept of multilayered data security and why it is necessary
- Explain some of the services offered by data-security platforms and the integrated security services offered by cloud service providers
In Partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.