Take a deep dive into datacenters to discover how they are laid out and how computing resources are provisioned and metered.
In this module, you will:
- Describe various information technology components that you find in a datacenter
- Recall facilities' components to a datacenter
- Recall the various features provided by cloud middleware
- Describe the resource provisioning process from the context of a cloud service provider
- Recall the issues related to resource metering for cloud service providers
- Describe the metering architecture in OpenStack's Ceilometer
- Recall the service components of OpenStack and identify their individual functions
In partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.