What do you do when something goes wrong with your resources on the cloud? How do you prepare for such an issue? Learn about disaster backup and recovery with this module.
In this module you will:
- Understand the meaning of “fault tolerance”
- List reactive techniques used to achieve fault tolerance in cloud platforms
- List proactive techniques used to achieve fault tolerance in cloud platforms
- Understand the backup services offered by leading cloud service providers
- Understand the role that backup services play in disaster response and recovery
- Explain the difference between backup services and disaster-recovery services
- List the service-level objectives that drive disaster-recovery planning
- List the disaster-recovery services offered by leading cloud service providers
- Explain what resilience is and how it is measured
- Explain how resilience contributes to business continuity
In Partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.