Discover virtualization and how it enables many technologies in the cloud, including virtual machines, containers and networks.
In this module you will:
- Identify the two main types of virtual machines and provide examples of each
- Identify major reasons that virtualization is an essential technology for cloud computing
- List the key advantages that containers have over virtual machines
- Understand key terms such as Docker containers, container images, and container registries
- Identify some of the ways in which major cloud platforms support containers
- Recall key design considerations for data-center networks and describe the need for network virtualization to support multiple tenants
In Partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.