Customize Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machine images
You'll be able to create new VMs from generalized images and use Azure Image Builder templates to create and manage images in Azure.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Create a generalized image.
- Create a new VM from a generalized image.
- Create a managed image of a generalized VM in Azure.
- Create a VM from a managed image.
- Describe Azure Image Builder.
- Use Azure Image Builder to create a Windows image.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.
Knowledge check min