You'll be able to create new VMs from generalized images and use Azure Image Builder templates to create and manage images in Azure.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Create a generalized image.
- Create a new VM from a generalized image.
- Create a managed image of a generalized VM in Azure.
- Create a VM from a managed image.
- Describe Azure Image Builder.
- Use Azure Image Builder to create a Windows image.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.