Deploy and manage Azure IaaS Active Directory domain controllers in Azure
In this module, you’ll learn how to extend an existing Active Directory environment into Azure by placing IaaS VMs configured as domain controllers onto a specially configured Azure virtual network (VNet) subnet.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Select an option to implement directory and identity services by using Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Azure.
- Deploy and configure AD DS domain controllers in Azure VMs.
- Install a replica AD DS domain controller in an Azure VM.
- Install a new AD DS forest on an Azure VNet.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.
Knowledge check min