In this module, you’ll learn how to extend an existing Active Directory environment into Azure by placing IaaS VMs configured as domain controllers onto a specially configured Azure virtual network (VNet) subnet.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Select an option to implement directory and identity services by using Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Azure.
- Deploy and configure AD DS domain controllers in Azure VMs.
- Install a replica AD DS domain controller in an Azure VM.
- Install a new AD DS forest on an Azure VNet.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.