Update a project
The following summary describes the fields that you can update on a project after it has been created, including the applicable implications of the updates.
- Project detail fields:
- Name - The title of the project.
- Description - An overview of the project.
- Customer - The company that the project will be delivered to.
- Calendar template - The working hours of the project. When the field is changed, the entire schedule is recalculated.
- Currency - The currency for the project. This field defaults based on the currency that is defined in the contracting unit. When the contracting unit is updated, the field is also updated.
- Contracting Unit - The organizational unit that represents the company group or division that is primarily responsible for winning the sale and managing the delivery of work and services to the customer.
- Project Manager - The project team member who has the authority to review and approve time entries and expenses.
- Estimate fields:
- Estimated Start Date - The date that the project will begin. When this field is updated, tasks on the project will move proportionately with the new start date.
- Finish Date - The date that the project is scheduled to end.
- Effort - The estimated effort of the project. When tasks are added to the project, this field is no longer editable.
- Estimated Labor Cost - The estimated labor cost of the project. When labor costs are added to the project, this field is no longer editable.
- Estimated Expenses - The estimated expenses of the project. When expenses are added to the project, this field is no longer editable.
- Project actual fields:
- Actual Start - The date that the project started.
- Actual Finish - To be updated when a project has been completed.
- Project status fields:
- Overall Project Status - The overall project health, which is provided by the project manager.
- Comments - A narrative regarding
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.