Imagine you're building a website for a new business, or you're running an existing web app on an aging on-premises server. Setting up a new server can be challenging. You need appropriate hardware, likely a server-level operating system, and a web-hosting stack.
Once it's running, you need to maintain the server. And what happens if your website traffic increases? You might need to invest in additional hardware.
Hosting your web application using Azure App Service makes deploying and managing a web app much easier when compared to managing a physical server. In this module, we'll implement and deploy a web app to App Service.
In this module, you'll:
- Use the Azure portal to create an Azure App Service web app.
- Use developer tools to create the code for a starter web application.
- Deploy your code to App Service.
- Ability to navigate the Azure portal
- Ability to use a command-line interface