In this module, you’ll learn to configure DNS for Windows Server IaaS VMs, choose the appropriate DNS solution for your organization’s needs, and run a DNS server in a Windows Server Azure IaaS VM.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Implement DNS in Azure
- Describe DNS options for Azure IaaS VMs
- Implement split-horizon DNS in Azure
- Troubleshoot DNS in Azure
- Create and configure an Azure DNS zone
To get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following areas:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.