In this module, you’ll learn to deploy Azure File Sync, migrate from DFS, and use Storage Migration Services to migrate file servers to Azure.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Azure file services.
- Configure Azure file services.
- Configure connectivity to Azure file services.
- Describe Azure File Sync.
- Implement Azure File Sync.
- Deploy Azure File Sync.
- Manage cloud tiering.
- Migrate from DFSR to Azure File Sync.
To get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Managing the Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), DFS, Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.