Implement hybrid network infrastructure
You'll learn to connect your on-premises environment to Azure, implement subnets and routing between your on-premises and cloud environments, and ensure that workloads in the cloud and on-premises perform DNS resolution to locate each other.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Azure network topologies.
- Implement an Azure VPN.
- Explain how to create a route-based VPN gateway using the Azure portal.
- Implement Azure ExpressRoute.
- Implement an Azure WAN.
- Implement DNS resolution in hybrid environments.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Managing the Windows Server operating system (OS) and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Common Windows Server management tools
- Core Microsoft storage, compute, networking, and virtualization technologies
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Azure
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication)
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Automation and monitoring
Knowledge check min