Migrate on-premises Windows Server instances to Azure IaaS virtual machines
You'll be able to plan a migration and select appropriate server migration tools. You will also learn how to use Azure Migrate, how to assess physical servers, and how to migrate those servers.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Plan your migration.
- Describe Azure Migrate.
- Migrate server workloads using Windows Server Migration Tools.
- Assess physical servers with Azure Migrate.
- Migrate on-premises servers to Azure.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Managing Windows Server operating system (OS) and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services
- Common Windows Server management tools
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies
- Implementing and managing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Azure
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication)
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Automation and monitoring
Knowledge check min