In this module, you will learn to demonstrate the benefits and processes for moving a SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe the considerations for a SQL Server to Azure SQL Database migration.
- Describe the methods and steps to perform an offline migration to Azure SQL Database.
- Describe the methods and steps to perform an online migration to Azure SQL Database.
- Explore the post migration steps required to ensure service continuity of your database in backup, high availability, disaster recovery, and scalability.
The following prerequisites should be completed:
- Understand SQL Server Database file administration
- Successfully log in to the Azure portal
- Understand the Azure storage options
- Understand the Azure compute options