Plan and deploy Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
You'll be able to describe Azure compute and storage in relation to Azure VMs, and deploy Azure VMs by using the Azure portal, Azure CLI, or templates.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe Azure compute.
- Describe Azure storage.
- Deploy Azure VMs.
- Create a VM from the Azure portal.
- Create a VM from Azure Cloud Shell.
- Deploy Azure VMs by using templates.
- Describe additional management optimization options
To get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
- Managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Domain Name System (DNS), the Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Hyper-V, and file and storage services.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication).
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.
Knowledge check min