Upgrade and migrate Windows Server IaaS virtual machines
Learn to migrate a workload running in Windows Server to an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) virtual machine (VM) and to Windows Server 2019 by using Windows Server migration tools or the Storage Migration Service.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Windows Server IaaS migration.
- Explain how to migrate workloads using Windows Server Migration tools.
- Describe storage migration.
- Migrate file servers by using the Storage Migration Service.
In order to get the best learning experience from this module, it's important that you have knowledge and experience of:
- Windows Server workloads.
- Common Windows Server management tools.
- Core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- On-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies.
- Implementing and managing IaaS services in Azure.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- Security-related technologies such as firewalls, encryption, and multi-factor authentication.
- Windows PowerShell scripting.
- Automation and monitoring.
Knowledge check min