In this module, you'll learn about Microsoft 365, the productivity cloud designed to help each of us achieve what matters, in our work and life, with best-in-class Office apps, intelligent cloud services, and advanced security. Microsoft 365, evolving from Office 365, offers much more than just the traditional Office apps you may be familiar with. Explore how Microsoft 365 supports hybrid and flexible work across an organization's entire workforce from information workers to frontline workers. Sign up for your own trial environment so you can experience how Microsoft 365 can empower you and your organizations to do their best work.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based service that brings together best-in-class productivity apps from Office 365 with advanced device management, intelligent security, and innovative online services. Microsoft 365 can help you and your organization of any size. The tools of Microsoft 365 help drive productivity, collaboration, and communication securely across many devices, whether you are at home, in the office, out in the field, or on the go. Microsoft 365 includes everyone in digital transformation while ensuring a trusted, secure and modern experience for every employee at any time, and anywhere.
Microsoft 365 learns from users and collects valuable insights through the Microsoft Graph. Microsoft Graph is the gateway to data and intelligence in Microsoft 365. Collecting valuable insights helps to deliver enhanced experiences that continually get better over time and keep users protected.
For more information on Microsoft 365, visit What is Microsoft 365?
What is Microsoft 365 Fundamentals?
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals give you the foundational knowledge of Microsoft 365. Microsoft 365 fundamentals consist of three learning paths that familiarize you with Microsoft 365 and it's many features through the various apps and services. The learning paths will take you step by step through the fundamentals of the Microsoft 365 platform.
The following list summarizes the three learning paths:
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: Describe Microsoft 365 apps and services. Learn about how the productivity, collaboration, and endpoint management solutions through Microsoft 365 empower people and organizations to achieve more.
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: Describe Microsoft 365 security and compliance capabilities. Learn about how the security, compliance, and identity solutions through Microsoft help people and organizations secure their entire digital estate, simplify compliance and reduce risk.
- MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing and support. Learn about how people and organizations can get the most out of their Microsoft 365 investments through pricing models, continuous support, and licensing options that are designed to meet their needs.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Describe Office 365, Microsoft 365, and Windows 365.
- Describe how Microsoft 365 empowers workers for hybrid and flexible work.
- Create a Microsoft 365 trial organization.