Migrate application workloads and data to Azure
Determine a migration approach for on-premises workloads and databases and ready those resources for migration to Microsoft Azure. Migrate on-premises Hyper-V-based application workloads and relational data to the cloud using Azure Migrate.
- Knowledge of cloud and traditional architecture concepts
- Knowledge of networking, compute, and database systems
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts like VMs, virtual networks, and virtual hard disks
- Ability to manage cloud identities with Azure Active Directory
- Basic familiarity with relational data
- Basic familiarity with SQL Server
- Basic familiarity with Azure SQL Database
Modules in this learning path
Minimize the time and resources required to migrate your on-premises environment to Azure. Assess your current systems with Azure Migrate, and migrate them with Azure Migrate and Azure Database Migration Service.
Choose an agentless Hyper-V migration approach. Create an Azure Migrate project, enable Azure AD permissions, prepare the on-premises environment, and deploy the Azure Migrate appliance. Your on-premises workloads are now ready for the actual migration.
Enable VMs for replication by registering the Hyper-V host(s) to the Azure Migrate project. Configure Hyper-V VMs for replication, monitor, and run a test failover. After migration complete, migrated VMs should have security controls added.
In this module, you will learn to demonstrate the benefits and processes for moving a SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database.