Monitor and optimize operational resources in Azure SQL
Configure hardware and server resources for optimum performance after establishing a baseline. Identify sources of performance problems. Troubleshoot using Azure SQL Intelligent Insights.
- Ability to write code in the SQL language, particularly the Microsoft T-SQL dialect, at a basic level.
- Experience creating and configuring resources using the Azure portal
- Experience using Windows Performance Monitor to monitor system components such as CPU, I/O, network traffic
- Knowledge of purpose of SQL Server system databases: master, tempdb, msdb
- Basic understanding of SQL Server file storage
- Basic understanding of structure and usage of SQL Server indexes
Modules in this learning path
Compare Azure, and on-premises tools for monitoring and measuring performance. Determine critical metrics. Understand the purpose of a baseline for comparative analysis. Configure extended event sessions for tracing activities.
Choose the appropriate size and storage options for your Azure SQL databases. Configure server resources such as tempdb. Understand the usage of Resource Governor.
Implement tasks for both IaaS and PaaS to maintain indexes, and statistics. Explore the automatic tuning features of Azure SQL Database. Control database-level configuration options. Explore Intelligent Query Processing.