How to use Report Writer or SmartList to add the "Special Depreciation Allowance Amount" field as a separate line item
This article describes how to use Report Writer or SmartList to add the Special Depreciation Allowance Amount field as a separate line item in a Fixed Assets Management report or in a SmartList view.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics GP
Original KB number: 858296
How to add the "Special Depreciation Allowance Amount" field to a report
You can add the Special Depreciation Allowance Amount field to most depreciation activity reports. To do this, follow these steps:
Print the report to which you want to add the Special Depreciation Allowance Amount field. When you do this, print the report to the screen.
In the Toolbox window in the resource list, select Asset Book Master.
Drag the Special Depreciation Allowance Amount field from the Toolbox window to the B section of the report.
On the File menu, select Microsoft Dynamics GP. When you are prompted to save changes, select Save.
Grant security to the modified report. To do this, use one of the following methods:
Method 1 - Use Advanced Security
On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then select Advanced Security. Type the system password if you are prompted to do this.
Select View, and then select by Alternate, Modified and Custom.
Expand the following nodes:
- The Fixed Asset Management report that you modified
Select Fixed Assets (Modified).
Select Apply, and then select OK.
By default, when you start the Advanced Security tool, the current user and the current company are selected. Any changes that you make are made for the current user and for the current company. However, you can select additional users and companies in the following areas of the Advanced Security window:
Method 2 - Use Dynamics GP Security
- On the Tools menu, point to Setup, point to System, and then select Security. Type the system password if you are prompted to do this.
- In the User ID list, select the user ID for the user to whom you want to give access to the report.
- In the Product list, select Fixed Assets.
- In the Type list, select Modified Reports.
- In the Series list, select Financial.
- In the Access List box, double-click the report that you modified, and then select OK. An asterisk (*) appears next to the report name.
How to add the "Special Depreciation Allowance Amount" field to a SmartList view
To add the Special Depreciation Allowance Amount field to a SmartList view, follow these steps:
On the View menu, select SmartList.
Select Fixed Assets Books.
Select Columns to open the Change Column Display dialog box.
Select Add to open the Columns dialog box.
Select Special Depreciation Allowance Amount, and then select OK.
Save this view. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select Favorites.
- In the Name box, type with Special Depreciation Allowance Amount.
- Select Add.