Use Resultant Set of Policy logging to gather computer policy information
This article describes how to use the Resultant Set of Policy utility (Rsop.msc) to gather only computer-specific policy information.
Applies to: Windows Server 2012 R2
Original KB number: 312321
When using the Resultant Set of Policy utility, you can gather only computer-specific policy information:
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Click File, click Add/Remove Snapin, and then click Add in the Add/Remove dialog box.
- Click Resultant Set of Policy, click Add, and then click Close in the Add/Remove Standalone Snapin dialog box.
- Click OK in the Add/Remove dialog box. The Resultant Set of Policy snapin is displayed in the MMC.
- Click Generate RSOP data on the Action menu.
- Click Next, click Logging Mode, and then click Next.
- Click either This Computer or Another Computer, and then type the computer name.
- Click Select a specific user, and then click the blank space that is below the listed users. This has the same effect as clicking Do not display user policy settings in the results.
- Click Next, and then click Next. Only computer-specific settings are displayed.
If you need assistance from Microsoft support, we recommend you collect the information by following the steps mentioned in Gather information by using TSS for Group Policy issues.