How to change the printer's driver on Universal Print connector?
Sometimes there is a need to replace a printer's driver on Universal Print connector with another driver. This may be done if:
- The existing driver is causing compatibility issues with Universal Print.
- There is an alternate driver which enables more print options for the printer via Universal Print.
For information on the print options that a particular print driver enables for Universal Print, please work directly with the print driver provider.
Steps to change the printer driver on connector:
On the Universal Print connector,
- Download and install the new print driver
- Go to
Settings->Devices->Printers & scanners
- Select the printer for which you need to update the driver.
- Click on
- Click on
Printer Propertiesand go to
- Select the driver (or install the
New Driverif not already installed)
Applyand close the dialog
Print a test pageto ensure the driver is working fine
- Open Task Manager and select
- Find the
Print Connector service. Stop and restart the service. This will ensures that the printer's capabilities are updated from the new print driver and loaded in Universal Print.
On Windows clients where corresponding Universal Print printer was already installed:
- Uninstall and re-install the Universal Print printer. This is required for the Windows client to download the new printer capabilities from Universal Print.
- You are all set! Try printing from a Windows client which has the Universal Print printer re-installed.