Visual Studio 2022 for Mac Releases
- Nov 14th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.7
- Oct 24th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.6
- Oct 10th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.5
- Sep 12th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.4
- Aug 8th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.3
- Aug 1st, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.2!
- July 11th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.1
- June 20th, 2023 — Visual Studio 2022 version 17.6.0
Visual Studio 2022 for Mac Blog Posts
The Visual Studio Blog is the official source of product insight from the Visual Studio Engineering Team. You can find in-depth information about the Visual Studio 2022 for Mac releases in the following posts:
- 17.6.7 build 417 released November 14th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.7
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.311 and 6.0.417.
- Updated tooling support for Xcode 15.0 for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac.
- Some users with minimal installation configuration might have issues with the toolbox when trying to work on Android or MAUI projects. The workaround appears to be to install more components into the IDE. The root cause of this issue is not currently known and we are continuing to work on getting more information to affected customers. Please refer to the Dev Community ticket related to this issue for more information.
- 17.6.6 build 408 released October 24th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.6
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.310 and 6.0.416.
- Fixed a crash on macOS 14 Sonoma when invoking the code editor's Quick Find with long query strings.
- 17.6.5 build 417 released October 10th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.5
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.309 and 6.0.415.
- Added tooling support for Xcode 15.0 for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac.
- 17.6.4 build 472 released September 12th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.4
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.308 and 6.0.414.
- Fixed an issue where a list of phone numbers was not visible in the Apple Developer Account 2-Factor Authentication dialog prompt.
- Improved selection and caret rendering for lines containing multi-character glyphs and bidirectional text.
- Fixed a crash in the Immediate window when values were still being evaluated by the debugger and not ready to be displayed.
- Fixed a problem where the incorrect character could be displayed by the New Project dialog when the validation of the project name failed.
- Signing in to an apple developer account impossible when using Two Factor Auth and multiple telepone numbers.
- 17.6.3 build 421 released August 8th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.3
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.307 and 6.0.413.
- Fixed an issue where .NET workload project templates were not available when .NET 7.0.400 SDK was installed.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to restore/build .NET 8 projects when .NET 8 Preview 7 SDK was installed.
- Fixed an issue where the "Report a Problem" dialog can hang the application.
- Fixed an issue where the user would see incorrect times no matter the time zone (UTC for everyone) when targeting Android 14 / API Level 34.
- 17.6.2 build 405 released Aug 1st 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.2
- Fixed an issue where the vertical scrollbar does not appear for some in the solution pane.
- Fixed issues and error messages when using project names and scaffolding containing certain characters.
- 17.6.1 build 452 released July 11th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.1
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.306 and 6.0.412.
- Adds preview support for .NET 8 SDKs for the IDE. Users can separately install the .NET 8 SDK and enable a preview feature in Preferences to enable the IDE to discover and use the .NET 8 SDK for creating, loading, building, and debugging projects.
- Fixed an issue where brace completion and formatting would not always work for some users.
- Fixed an issue where files that should have been ignored were added to git source control when committing all.
- Fixed an issue where some UI elements would not draw properly on macOS 14 (Sonoma) betas.
- Fixed an issue where Manage NuGet Packages window could not be opened more than once on macOS 14 (Sonoma) betas.
- 17.6.0 build 1575 released June 20th 2023
Issues Addressed in this release of 17.6.0
- Updated the .NET SDKs to 7.0.304 and 6.0.410.
- Added support for Xcode 14.3 for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac.
- Fixed a Voice Over accessibility problem in the Git Changes window.
- Addressed several accessibility issues
- Improved performance in editor tooltips, which were causing some typing delays on macOS Ventura.
- Git Changes and status bar improvements
- Android Manifest Editor improvements (application icons, min/target versions)
- Add support for Android adaptive icons in .NET 6 standalone projects
- Track in local branch opens Rename Branch window
- Cannot read the content of the selected source" when trying to add OpenAPI
- Impossible to diminish the size of the VS IDE Window if there is long text in the info bar
- Exception catchpoints hang instead of pausing
- Debugging when code has a region, keeps region closed while stepping over
- The source code window doesn't expand a collapsed region after clicking on the search result panel.
- Doube Clicking on Search Result Incorrectly Goes to Closed Region
- Unable to hide solution tree entry and make work of AssemblyAttribute Include="Android.App.MetaData"
- SubWindow position is wrong.
- Keyboard shortcuts dialog has invalid char on Japanese environment
- Visual Studio for Mac Korean Text Translation Quality Issue
- Unable to use window tiling on mac
- Some values are not reflected in changes from the project properties UI.(VS for Mac)
- Cannot debug net6.0-macos Apps
- Build and Restore Errors when a solution contains classic Xamarin and .NET SDK style projects
- Unable to use asterisk symbol on Visual Studio for Mac text editor
- Show potential fixes slow to show up
- Quick actions and refactorings menu slow and inconsistent UI
- Git status bar and solution window still not showing branch name
- In Changes it's impossible to edit code
- xml code formatting page empty
- Can't debug Mac Catalyst app with 17.6 preview 2
- Apple developer accounts problem
- Resources type or namespace does not exist
- Opening a solution from Finder when running Check for Updates blocks the use of VS for Mac
- Right click a file on solution, Properties. Window is empty
- solution folder
- *.pubxml files have no syntax highlighting
- Window moved to the other monitor when restoring the minimized application
- cannot remove not-loadable project from solution
- Press to search doesn't work as expected in VS2022 for Mac
- Creating a new MAUI content page XAML
- When creating new xaml contentpage doesn't link xaml and code behind
- dotnet new template dropdowns missing displayName tag
- VS for MAC new XAML file issue
- Indentation guides flicker while you type
- Running unit tests is painfully slow
- Since 8.4 the Test Runner frequently hangs
- C# file foo.xaml.cs not nested under foo.xaml when creating new ContentPage Item (XAML)
- Installing the emulator fails "Operation Failed: Installing Android Emulator v31.2.10"
- Android Device Manager not available