Change organizational default settings
By default, new Cloud PCs are created with the following settings:
- Account type: Standard User
- Operating system: Windows 11
- Language and region: English (United States)
- Enroll new Cloud PCs in Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Off
You can change these defaults by following these steps:
- Sign in to windows365.microsoft.com with an account that has either a Global Administrator or Windows 365 Administrator role.
- Select Your organization’s Cloud PCs > Update organization settings.
- Select your preferred option for the following settings:
- Account type: Standard User or Local Administrator.
- Operating system: Windows 11 (recommended) or Windows 10.
- Language and region: Sets the display language, time/date formats, and automatically installs any Features on Demand like text-to-speech and speech recognition. If the user signs in and doesn't see the correct language, reset the Cloud PC.
- Enroll new Cloud PCs in Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Select this option to automatically enroll new Cloud PCs in Intune. This option is only visible to admin accounts that have:
- An Intune license subscription. For more information, see Microsoft Intune licensing.
- Set up Intune through step 6 (Set the MDM authority).
- Select Save.
All new Cloud PCs will be created with the chosen settings. When these settings are changed, they won’t change the operating system, account type, language/region, or Intune enrollment of existing Cloud PCs.
You can also change your organization's default settings in the Microsoft 365 admin center. For more information, see Change your organization's address, technical contact, and more.
The 1 vCPU/2 GB RAM/64 GB storage license doesn’t support the Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements. When this license is assigned to a user, they'll always receive a Windows 10 Cloud PC.
Language and region
To change the language settings on an already-created Cloud PC, see Language packs for Windows 10 and Language packs for Windows 11.
Enrolling Cloud PCs in Intune
To enroll devices that have already been created, ask your users to follow this guide for enrollment in Intune.
Windows 365 Enterprise-specific features, like custom images and provisioning policies, aren’t available to Windows 365 Business customers, even if Cloud PCs are enrolled in Intune.
Submit and view feedback for