D3D11 - Cross Adapter Scan Out Manual Test (Hybrid, Manual)
Manual test with togglable display parameters to confirm the absence of content or tearing corruptions.
|Timeout (in minutes)||20|
|Requires special configuration||true|
Tests in this feature area might have additional documentation, including prerequisites, setup, and troubleshooting information, that can be found in the following topic(s):
Running the test
This is a manual HLK test that requires a tester to toggle between different parameters while verifying the absence of any visual corruptions/artifacts or unexpected tearing in the app.
The test app has some requirements:
- A hybrid machine with both a discrete GPU and an integrated GPU.
- Monitor with support for 60 Hz refresh rate and >= 120 Hz refresh rate(s).
- Monitor with support for 1920p x 1080p and display resolution(s) > 2560p x 1440p.
The test app comes in two modes:
- Conformance Mode: The default mode that validates that test requirements are being satisfied and that the feature is being successfully exercised in a manner consistent with the reported capability. The test will exit upon detecting failures.
- Functional Mode: The debug mode that performs the same validation as conformance mode, but only outputs warning messages upon detecting failures.
The test app has some togglable parameters:
- D3D Runtime: D3D12, D3D11
- Display Mode: 1920x1080x60Hz, Resolution > 2K, Refresh Rate >= 120 Hz, Highest Bandwidth Mode
- Buffer Format: DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A16_FLOAT, DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM
- Buffer Size: 1920 x 1080, Maximum Possible Display Resolution
- Sync Interval: SYNC_0_WITH_TEARING, SYNC_0, SYNC_1
- Windowed Mode: Fullscreen, Windowed
For generic troubleshooting of HLK test failures, see Troubleshooting Windows HLK Test Failures.