Windows Admin Center release history
Here's a listing of our latest released features:
- Version 2110.2 is the most recent GA release - it includes major bug fixes to Role-based Access Control (RBAC), the connections page’s search feature, as well as bug fixes in several extensions.
- Version 2110 includes Angular 11 upgrades, performance and security enhancements. It also includes updated developer SDK for extension development using Angular 11 or upgrading of existing extensions, CredSSP enhancements, a better Virtual Machine tool, and two brand new tools for Security and GPU management.
- Version 2103.2 includes key bug fixes and feature updates to the Azure sign in process, support for Azure China, support for seamless over-the-air updates for Azure Stack HCI as well as additional updates to the Events and Remote Desktop tool experience.
- Version 2103 introduces automatic platform an extension updates and includes updates to several of our core tools like the VM tool and Events.
- Version 2009 includes support for Azure Kubernetes Service on Azure Stack HCI and major updates to the Virtual machines, File shares, and Containers tools.
- Version 2007 includes support for the new Azure Stack HCI and new features for several tools.
- Version 1910.2 includes updates to the platform’s accessibility and numerous bug fixes
- Version 1910 introduces several new Azure hybrid services and brings features that were previously in preview to the GA channel.
- Version 1909 introduces the Azure VM specific connection type and unifies the connection types for traditional failover clusters and HCI clusters.
- Version 1908 added visual updates, Packetmon, FlowLog Audit, Azure Monitor onboarding for clusters, and support for WinRM over HTTPS (port 5986.)
- Version 1907 added Azure cost estimate links and made improvements to import/export and tagging of virtual machines.
- Version 1906 added import/export VMs, switch Azure accounts, add connections from Azure, connectivity settings experiment, performance improvements, and performance profiling tool.
- Version 1904.1 was a maintenance update to improve stability of gateway plugins.
- Version 1904 was a GA release that introduced the Azure Hybrid Services tool, and brought features that were previously in preview to the GA channel.
- Version 1903 added email notifications from Azure Monitor, the ability to add Server or PC connections from Active Directory, and new tools to manage Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
- Version 1902 added a shared connection list & improvements to software defined network (SDN) management, including new SDN tools to manage ACLs, gateway connections, and logical networks.
- Version 1812 added dark theme (in preview), power configuration settings, BMC info, and PowerShell support to manage extensions and connections.
- Version 1809.5 was a GA cumulative update that included various quality and functional improvements, bug fixes throughout the platform, and a few new features in the hyper-converged infrastructure management solution.
- Version 1809 was a GA release that brought features that were previously in preview to the GA channel.
- Version 1808 added Installed Apps tool, lots of under the hood improvements, and major updates to the preview SDK.
- Version 1807 added a streamlined Azure connect experience, improvements to VM inventory page, file sharing functionality, Azure update management integration, and more.
- Version 1806 added show PowerShell script, SDN management, 2008 R2 connections, SDN, scheduled tasks, and many other improvements.
- Version 1804.25 - a maintenance update to support users installing Windows Admin Center in completely offline environments.
- Version 1804 - Project Honolulu becomes Windows Admin Center and adds security features and role-based access control. Our first GA release.
- Version 1803 added support for Azure AD access control, detailed logging, resizable content, and a bunch of tool improvements.
- Version 1802 added support for accessibility, localization, high-availability deployments, tagging, Hyper-V host settings, and gateway authentication.
- Version 1712 added more virtual machine features and performance improvements throughout the tools.
- Version 1711 added highly anticipated tools (Remote Desktop and PowerShell) along with other improvements.
- Version 1709 launched as our first public preview release.
Submit and view feedback for