Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 is a stand-alone product that contains only the Windows hypervisor, a Windows Server driver model, and virtualization components. It provides a simple and reliable virtualization solution to help you improve your server utilization and reduce costs.
The Windows hypervisor technology in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 is the same as what's in the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2016. So, much of the content available for the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2016 also applies to Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016.
Hyper-V Server resources for IT Pros
- Hyper-V Technology Overview
Plan for Hyper-V
- Decide which virtual machine generation meets your needs.
|Get started with Hyper-V Server
Download and install Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016. This installs the Windows hypervisor, a Windows Server driver model, and virtualization components. It's similar to running the Server Core installation option of Windows Server 2016 and the Hyper-V role.
|Configure and manage Hyper-V Server
Hyper-V Server doesn't have a graphical user interface (GUI). You can use the following tools to configure and manage Hyper-V Server.
- Configure a Server Core installation of Windows Server 2016 with Sconfig.cmd to update domain or workgroup settings, change Windows Update settings, enable remote management, and more.
Configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines
- Create a virtual switch for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Set up hosts for live migration without Failover Clustering
Submit and view feedback for