Configure MDT settings
One of the most powerful features in Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is its extension capabilities; there's virtually no limitation to what you can do in terms of customization. In this article, you learn about configuring customizations for your environment. For the purposes of this article, we'll use four machines: DC01, MDT01, HV01, and PC0001. DC01 is a domain controller, MDT01 is a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard server, and PC0001 is a Windows 10 Enterprise x64 client used for the MDT simulation environment. OR01 has Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator installed. MDT01, OR01, and PC0001 are members of the domain contoso.com for the fictitious Contoso Corporation. For more information on the setup for this article, see Deploy Windows 10 with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
The computers used in this article.
In this section
- Set up MDT for BitLocker
- Configure MDT deployment share rules
- Configure MDT for UserExit scripts
- Simulate a Windows 10 deployment in a test environment
- Use the MDT database to stage Windows 10 deployment information
- Assign applications using roles in MDT
- Use web services in MDT
- Use Orchestrator runbooks with MDT
Submit and view feedback for