Monitor Windows Updates with Update Compliance
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Update Compliance was retired on March 31, 2023 and the service has been removed. Update Compliance has been replaced by Windows Update for Business reports. Support for Update Compliance ended on March 31, 2023.
Update Compliance enables organizations to:
- Monitor security, quality, and feature updates for Windows 10 or Windows 11 Professional, Education, and Enterprise editions.
- View a report of device and update issues related to compliance that need attention.
- Check bandwidth savings incurred across multiple content types by using Delivery Optimization.
Update Compliance is offered through the Azure portal, and is included as part of Windows 10 or Windows 11 licenses listed in the prerequisites. Azure Log Analytics ingestion and retention charges are not incurred on your Azure subscription for Update Compliance data.
Update Compliance uses Windows client diagnostic data for all of its reporting. It collects system data including update deployment progress, Windows Update for Business configuration data, and Delivery Optimization usage data, and then sends this data to a customer-owned Azure Log Analytics workspace to power the experience.
See the following articles in this guide for detailed information about configuring and using the Update Compliance solution:
- Get started with Update Compliance provides directions on adding Update Compliance to your Azure subscription and configuring devices to send data to Update Compliance.
- Using Update Compliance breaks down every aspect of the Update Compliance experience.
Submit and view feedback for