International Fonts and Text Display
International Fonts and Text Display provides platform support for international fonts, international text, and fine typography on the Windows platform.
International Fonts and Text builds on the basic typography, text, and advanced reading technologies of Windows to deliver fonts and text for world-wide users of the Windows platform. The technology enhances end-to-end font and text display scenarios.
The following technologies are included:
- International Font Management. Introduces the basic functionality of international fonts.
- Using MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2. Overview of MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 fonts, and font mapping of MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 on different Windows versions.
- International Font Enumeration and Selection. Explains possible ways to enumerate international fonts to allow users to select the font they want.
- International Text Display. Explains possible ways to display international text.
- Uniscribe. Allows a high degree of control for fine typography and for processing complex scripts.