Guidelines for File Associations and Default Programs
This section on application guidelines for file associations and default programs is organized as follows:
- Best Practices for File Associations
- File Association Example
- Managing Default Applications
- Default Programs
- Set Program Access and Computer Defaults (SPAD)
For related conceptual background, see the following topics:
- For information about application registration through the registry that is not specific to the Set Program Access Computer Defaults (SPAD) or Set Your Default Programs (SYDP) Control Panel items, see Application Registration.
- For additional background, see File Types and File Associations.