Data returned in BIOVue isn't up to date in Microsoft Dynamics SL
This article provides a solution to an issue where data that is returned in BIOVue isn't current when you use it together with Microsoft Dynamics SL.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics SL
Original KB number: 2567293
Consider the following scenario in Microsoft BIO Vue and Microsoft Dynamics SL:
- You sign in to BIO Vue, and you select a view.
- You review the data that is returned in the view.
When you do it, you notice that the data that is returned in the view isn't current. You expect the data to match the data in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
To resolve this problem, re-create and rerun the Microsoft BIO DTS package. To do it, follow these steps.
Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.
Truncate the BIOFact, BIOStepLog, and BIOLog tables in the Microsoft BIO database in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. To do it, open a new query window, and then run the following SQL statements against the Microsoft BIO database:
Truncate table biofact Truncate table biosteplog Truncate table biolog
Re-create the DTS package in the Microsoft BIO application. To do IT, follow these steps:
- On the View menu in Microsoft BIO, select Administration, and then select Data Extract.
- Select the Recreate button.
Run the DTS package from the Microsoft BIO application on the Data Extract tab.
To manually process the Cubes, follow these steps:
- Select Builder on the Microsoft BIO menu.
- Select Cube Catalog.
- Select the first cube on the list.
- In the Cube Catalog window, select Next on the Cube Wizard tab until you're prompted to process the cube. Make sure that the following check boxes are selected before you continue:
- Fully Process Cubes
- Update Shared Dimensions
- Process Related Cubes
- Select Process.
- Repeat steps A through E for each cube.