"System Message 6459" error when you specify a purchase order number in Dynamics SL
This article helps you fix an issue in which you receive the System Message 6459 error when you specify a purchase order number in the Receipt/Invoice Entry (04.010.00) screen.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011
Original KB number: 922420
When you type a purchase order number in the Receipt/Invoice Entry (04.010.00) screen, and then you press the TAB key, you receive the following error message:
System Message 6459 - Item has an invalid status.
This problem occurs in Purchasing in Microsoft Dynamics SL and in Microsoft Business Solutions - Solomon.
This problem occurs because the status of one of the inventory IDs is inactive.
To resolve this problem, change the status of the inventory ID to active. To do this, follow these steps:
Identify the inventory IDs that exist on the purchase order. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Modules list, click Purchasing.
- In the Purchasing pane, click Purchase Order Maintenance under Input.
- In the PO Number box, type the purchase order number that you want to review.
- On the Line Items tab, note the inventory IDs that appear.
Review each of these inventory IDs in the Inventory Items (10.250.00) screen. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Modules list, click Inventory.
- In the Inventory pane, click Inventory Items under Maintenance.
- In the Inventory ID box, type one of the inventory IDs that you noted in step 1, and then press the TAB key.
- Verify that the value in the Transaction Status box is Active.
After you identify the inventory ID that is not active, select Active in the Transaction Status box in the Inventory Items (10.250.00) screen, and then click Save.