Lustre HPC client and server nodes
This template creates Lustre client and server node VMs and related infrastructure such as VNETs. Provided below are the relevant details of the deployment.
- 3 or more Luster servers which consists of MGS (management server), MDS (metadata server) and 1 or more OSS (object storage server).
- OSS Servers are added in an availability set for HA
- It also creates a file system along with the Luster servers.
- Creates 2 or more Intel Lustre 2.7 client virtual machines using Azure gallery CentOS 6.6 or 7.0 image and mounts an existing Intel Lustre file-system
- These Lustre client nodes are added in an availability set for HA
- Public IP will be attached to the client0 node. That node can be accessed via SSH [dnsNamePrefix].[region].cloudapp.azure.com.
- To run this template you must first deploy a Lustre cluster in your subscription and use the existing virtual network when deploying the clients and server.
- The required artifacts for deploying the Lustre cluster and virtual network are in prerequisite folder.
- Use Azure CLI to login to subscription.
- Execute the deploy.bat by replacing the arguments in parameters.txt file.
- Keep deploy.bat and parameters.txt file in same folder.
Tags: Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts, Microsoft.Resources/deployments, Microsoft.Compute/availabilitySets, Microsoft.Network/publicIPAddresses, Microsoft.Network/networkInterfaces, Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines, Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/extensions, CustomScript, Microsoft.Network/networkSecurityGroups, Microsoft.Network/virtualNetworks