"We can't open the app because the user's mailbox is inactive" error appears in Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when attempting to open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 4229640
When attempting to open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, you see the following error:
"We can't open the app because the user's mailbox is inactive."
This error will appear if your mailbox record in Dynamics 365 is deactivated.
- Access your Dynamics 365 organization as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings, Email Configuration, and then select Mailboxes.
- Locate the mailbox for the user receiving this error. You may need to switch the view to Inactive Mailboxes.
- Open the mailbox record and view the Status value at the bottom of the form. If it appears as Inactive, select the Activate button.
- After the mailbox is activated, select the Test & Enable Mailbox button and wait for the tests to complete.
You may need to refresh the form to see the results. If any of the tests are not successful, view the Alerts section within the mailbox record.