You can install .NET Framework on various Windows versions.
.NET Framework is serviced monthly with security and reliability bug fixes. .NET Framework will continue to be included with Windows, with no plans to remove it. You don't need to migrate your .NET Framework apps, but for new development, use .NET 6 or later.
If you need to install .NET Framework 2.0 through 3.5, see Install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8.
Supported Windows versions
- Windows 11 (.NET Framework 4.8 included)
- Windows Server 2022 (.NET Framework 4.8 included)
- Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
Unsupported Windows versions
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
- Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008