Windows Autopilot configuration requirements
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows Holographic, version 2004 or later
For more information about using Windows Autopilot to deploy HoloLens 2 devices, see Windows Autopilot for HoloLens 2.
Before Windows Autopilot can be used, some configuration tasks are required to support the common Autopilot scenarios.
- Configure Azure Active Directory automatic enrollment. For Microsoft Intune, see Enable Windows automatic enrollment for details. If using a different MDM service, contact the vendor for the specific URLs or configuration needed for those services.
- Configure Azure Active Directory custom branding. To display an organization-specific logon page, you must configure Azure Active Directory with the images and text that you want to be displayed. For more information, see Quickstart: Add company branding to your sign-in page in Azure AD. Key elements for Autopilot include the "square logo", "sign-in page text", and Azure Active Directory tenant name. The tenant name is configured separately in the Azure AD tenant properties.
- The first logon user needs to have Azure Active Directory join permissions for all deployment scenarios, except for Windows Autopilot self-deployment mode as this method works in a userless context.
- Optional: To automatically step up from Windows Pro to Windows Enterprise, enable Windows Subscription Activation.
Specific scenarios will then have additional requirements. Generally, there are two specific tasks:
- Device registration. Devices must be added to Windows Autopilot to support most Windows Autopilot scenarios. For more information, see Adding devices to Windows Autopilot.
- Profile configuration. Once devices have been added to Windows Autopilot, a profile of settings needs to be applied to each device. See Configure Autopilot profiles for details. Microsoft Intune can automate this profile assignment. For more information, see Create an Autopilot device group and Assign an Autopilot deployment profile to a device group.
For more information, see Windows Autopilot Scenarios.
For a walkthrough for some of these and related steps, see this video:
There are no additional hardware requirements to use Autopilot, beyond the requirements to run Windows 11 or Windows 10.
Indsend og få vist feedback om