Teams Phone System guidance for small and medium businesses
The Microsoft Teams Phone System with Calling Plan bundle is Microsoft’s all-in-the-cloud solution that makes it easy for organizations to turn Teams into a powerful and flexible telephone system. The Phone System with Calling Plan bundle provides Private Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities and calls to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
The Teams Phone System with Calling Plan bundle allows your business to have:
- Toll and toll-free numbers.
- Auto attendants to help callers get to the right department.
- Call queues for high-traffic phone numbers.
- Users with their own phone numbers so they can receive calls.
This article will help you get started with the Teams Phone System with Calling Plan bundle.
Which articles should I read?
These articles will help your business plan, set up, and manage the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle.
|Check country and region availability||See if Phone System and Calling Plans are available in your country and region. If they're not available, get help from a reseller or partner to find the right voice solution.|
|Check your internet connection||Determine if your internet connection is sufficient for the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle.|
|Set up the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle||Follow this step-by-step guide for a basic setup of Phone System with Calling Plan.|
|Customize your Phone System with Calling Plan setup||Learn how to customize the Phone System with Calling Plan bundle for your unique needs.|
|Manage your Phone System setup||Learn how to manage Phone System with Calling Plan bundle users, devices, and call quality.|
Who in my organization needs to be assigned Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses?
You need to assign Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle license to any user who needs to make or receive phone calls to external phone numbers.
Users who don't need to make or receive phone calls to or from external phone numbers just need a Teams license.
For example, you might have ten factory employees and five office employees. The factory employees may only need to call other employees within your company. In addition to calling other employees, office workers need to make and receive phone calls to and from suppliers, partners, and customers. In this case, only the five office workers need Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses.
How do I purchase Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses?
To buy Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses:
- Sign in to the admin center.
- Go to Billing > Purchase services.
- Under Purchase from Microsoft, select View Products.
- Select the Add-ons category filter to view all available add-on licenses.
- Find the Teams Phone with Calling Plan add-on and select Details to go to the product page.
- Select the Buy button to choose the number of licenses you need and to complete the purchasing process. If you run out of licenses, you can purchase more later.
After you've purchased Teams Phone with Calling Plan bundle licenses, read Set up Phone System with Calling Plan.
What if my calling setup is more complex?
Perhaps your business has multiple locations, but Teams Phone isn't available in one of those locations. Or, maybe your business wants to manage its own calling hardware.
If your business requires a more complex PSTN calling setup, see these articles.
- Learn about all your Microsoft voice solutions by reading Plan your Teams voice solution.
- To view all your PSTN connectivity options, see PSTN connectivity options.
- For more information about subscriptions and licensing, see Microsoft Teams add-on licenses.
Indsend og få vist feedback om