Personal insights plans and environments
Microsoft Viva Insights provides personal insights in the Viva Insights app in Teams and on the web, Briefing emails, Viva digest emails, Viva Insights Outlook add-in, and inline suggestions.
We've paused sending Briefing emails to make some improvements. You can still access the Viva Insights Outlook add-in or Viva Insights app in Teams for key functionality until this service resumes. For more information about this change, refer to Briefing pause.
Microsoft 365 plans
The following Personal insights service plans are generally available with a subscription to the Microsoft 365 plans listed for each. Also see Supported and Not supported Microsoft 365 environments to confirm your type of environment is supported.
With the following Microsoft 365 plans, a Viva Insights subscription is available for purchase:
- Microsoft 365 E3, A3, E5, A5, Business Basic, Business Standard, or Business Premium
- Office 365 E1, E3, A3, E5, A5
- Exchange Online Plan 1 or 2
MyAnalytics (Full) and Insights by MyAnalytics service plans are included with:
- Microsoft 365 E5 (with or without Audio Conferencing) or G5
- Office 365 Enterprise, G5, or Nonprofit E5
MyAnalytics (Full) service plan is included with:
- Microsoft 365 A5 for faculty and students
- Office 365 A5 for faculty and students
Insights by MyAnalytics service plan is included with:
- Microsoft 365 E3, Business, or A3 for faculty and students
- Office 365 E1, E3, A3 for faculty and students, E3 Developer, G1, G3, Business Premium, or Business Essentials
Supported Microsoft 365 environments
- Worldwide Multi-tenant
- Dedicated Multi-tenant
- Government Community Cloud (GCC)
- Department of Defense (DoD)
For more information about the features available and unavailable in GCC-High and DoD environments, refer to the Microsoft Viva service description.
Not supported Microsoft 365 environments
- Microsoft 365 Germany
- Microsoft 365 Operated by 21Vianet
- To determine what your plan and service plan are, see How do I find my plan?.
- For more information about the plans that offer these user experiences, see Microsoft 365 business plans.
Access to Viva Insights elements
After users get assigned licenses with an applicable service plan, they get access to the following within the specified time frames.
|Element||Approximate time frame|
|Welcome email||Sent to existing Microsoft 365 users a few days (up to four weeks) after license assignment; sent to new users approximately four weeks after license assignment|
|Insights Outlook add-in and Inline suggestions||Available about one day after license assignment|
|Viva Insights in Teams and on the web||Available a few days after license assignment|
|Digest emails||Sent two to three weeks after the welcome email|
- Licensed users have the personal insights features with Viva Insights automatically enabled after license assignment.
- All users in your organization are opted-in, whether or not they have licenses with a Viva Insights subscription. If you want one or more licensed users to be opted out by default, see Set access for one user and Set access for multiple users.
The following additional features are included with the Viva Insights subscription:
The following additional features are included with the MyAnalytics (Full) service plan:
You can use the following web browsers to view all web-based personal insights features.
- Microsoft Edge or Edge Chromium (coming soon)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10 or 11
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Apple Safari (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
As an Outlook add-in, the Insights Outlook add-in requires a browser compatible with your system's platform and operating system. For details, see Browsers used by Microsoft 365 add-ins.
Personal insights in Viva Insights are available in most of the same languages as Microsoft 365. See What languages is Office available in.
See Briefing languages to see what's supported for Briefing emails and Advanced insights language support for what's supported for advanced insights.
Prerequisite and exclusion
Prerequisite: Microsoft Exchange Online is required.
Also refer to Prerequisites to access the Viva Insights Outlook add in in About the Viva Insights Outlook add-in.
Licensing exclusion: Shared mailboxes are not supported.
Submit and view feedback for