Set Up and Publish KPI Web Services Based on Financial Reports
On the Financial Report KPI Web Service Setup page, you set up how to show the financial report key performance indicator (KPI) data and which specific financial reports to base the KPIs on. When you choose Publish Web Service, the specified financial report KPI data is added to the list of published web services on the Web Services page.
When you use this web service, closing dates are not included in your data set. You can use filters in Power BI to analyse various time periods.
Set up and publish a KPI web service based on financial reports
- Choose the icon, enter Financial Report KPI Web Service Setup, then choose the related link.
- On the General FastTab, fill in the fields. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- On the Row Definitions FastTab, fill in the fields.
- Repeat step 3 for all financial reports you want to base the financial report KPI web service on.
- To view or edit the selected financial report, on the Row definitions FastTab, choose the Edit Row Definition action.
- To view the financial report KPI data you've set up, choose the Financial Report KPI Web Service action.
- To publish the financial report KPI web service, choose the Publish Web Service action.
You can now create financial reports in Power BI based on the web service, or services, that you created.
You can also publish the KPI web service by pointing to the Financial Report KPI Web Service Setup page object from the Web Services page. Learn more at Publish a Web Service.