Manage permissions to include relevant users in the forecasting process
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Overview of Dynamics 365 Sales. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||-||Oct 1, 2021|
During a forecast cycle, sales leaders must be able to include some of their colleagues in the forecast process. Sales managers will be able to share as well as remove access to forecasts with any other Dynamics 365 user.
The following capabilities are available as part of this feature:
Administrators will have access to the share settings control on the Permissions tab of the forecast configuration page. On this page, administrators can set the share status to indicate one of the following:
- Disable sharing.
- Share as read-only.
- Share as read and adjust.
Once sharing is enabled, sellers will have access to the sharing capability from the forecast grid. They can:
- Click the share icon on one of their records to open the sharing control.
- Specify which user to share that record with.
- Specify whether they want to share as read-only or read and adjust (if both are enabled).
- View which records have been shared and with whom.
- Revoke share access to the records that they've shared.
Share a forecast (docs)