Tutorial: Microsoft Entra single sign-on (SSO) integration with PressPage
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to integrate PressPage with Microsoft Entra ID. When you integrate PressPage with Microsoft Entra ID, you can:
- Control in Microsoft Entra ID who has access to PressPage.
- Enable your users to be automatically signed-in to PressPage with their Microsoft Entra accounts.
- Manage your accounts in one central location.
To learn more about SaaS app integration with Microsoft Entra ID, see What is application access and single sign-on with Microsoft Entra ID.
To get started, you need the following items:
- A Microsoft Entra subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can get a free account.
- PressPage single sign-on (SSO) enabled subscription.
In this tutorial, you configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO in a test environment.
- PressPage supports SP and IDP initiated SSO
Identifier of this application is a fixed string value so only one instance can be configured in one tenant.
Adding PressPage from the gallery
To configure the integration of PressPage into Microsoft Entra ID, you need to add PressPage from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a Cloud Application Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > New application.
- In the Add from the gallery section, type PressPage in the search box.
- Select PressPage from results panel and then add the app. Wait a few seconds while the app is added to your tenant.
Alternatively, you can also use the Enterprise App Configuration Wizard. In this wizard, you can add an application to your tenant, add users/groups to the app, assign roles, as well as walk through the SSO configuration as well. Learn more about Microsoft 365 wizards.
Configure and test Microsoft Entra single sign-on for PressPage
Configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with PressPage using a test user called B.Simon. For SSO to work, you need to establish a link relationship between a Microsoft Entra user and the related user in PressPage.
To configure and test Microsoft Entra SSO with PressPage, complete the following building blocks:
- Configure Microsoft Entra SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.
- Configure PressPage SSO - to configure the single sign-on settings on application side.
- Create PressPage test user - to have a counterpart of B.Simon in PressPage that is linked to the Microsoft Entra representation of user.
- Test SSO - to verify whether the configuration works.
Configure Microsoft Entra SSO
Follow these steps to enable Microsoft Entra SSO.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > PressPage > Single sign-on.
On the Select a single sign-on method page, select SAML.
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, click the edit/pen icon for Basic SAML Configuration to edit the settings.
On the Basic SAML Configuration section the application is pre-configured in IDP initiated mode and the necessary URLs are already pre-populated with Azure. The user needs to save the configuration by clicking the Save button.
Click Set additional URLs and perform the following step if you wish to configure the application in SP initiated mode:
In the Sign-on URL text box, type a URL:
On the Set up single sign-on with SAML page, in the SAML Signing Certificate section, find Certificate (Base64) and select Download to download the certificate and save it on your computer.
On the Set up PressPage section, copy the appropriate URL(s) based on your requirement.
Create a Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll create a test user called B.Simon.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a User Administrator.
- Browse to Identity > Users > All users.
- Select New user > Create new user, at the top of the screen.
- In the User properties, follow these steps:
- In the Display name field, enter
- In the User principal name field, enter the email@example.com. For example,
- Select the Show password check box, and then write down the value that's displayed in the Password box.
- Select Review + create.
- In the Display name field, enter
- Select Create.
Assign the Microsoft Entra test user
In this section, you'll enable B.Simon to use single sign-on by granting access to PressPage.
Browse to Identity > Applications > Enterprise applications > PressPage.
In the app's overview page, find the Manage section and select Users and groups.
Select Add user, then select Users and groups in the Add Assignment dialog.
In the Users and groups dialog, select B.Simon from the Users list, then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
If you're expecting any role value in the SAML assertion, in the Select Role dialog, select the appropriate role for the user from the list and then click the Select button at the bottom of the screen.
In the Add Assignment dialog, click the Assign button.
Configure PressPage SSO
To configure single sign-on on PressPage side, you need to send the downloaded Certificate (Base64) and appropriate copied URLs from the application configuration to PressPage support team. They set this setting to have the SAML SSO connection set properly on both sides.
Create PressPage test user
In this section, you create a user called B.Simon in PressPage. Work with PressPage support team to add the users in the PressPage platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on.
In this section, you test your Microsoft Entra single sign-on configuration using the Access Panel.
When you click the PressPage tile in the Access Panel, you should be automatically signed in to the PressPage for which you set up SSO. For more information about the Access Panel, see Introduction to the Access Panel.