Review recent SharePoint site actions
Some features in this article require Microsoft Syntex - SharePoint Advanced Management
With the recent actions panel, administrators can make changes to SharePoint site properties and review their most recent actions in the SharePoint admin center.
Changes to site properties like site name, site deletion and storage quota show as recent actions.
The recent actions panel only shows the changes you make to site properties. Changes made by other administrators and organization-level changes don't show in the panel.
Recent actions panel is not available for global readers. GDAP administrators will not be able to see the previous and current values of the administrator actions.
The following premium features require Microsoft Syntex - SharePoint Advanced Management
- Review the last 30 actions made within the last 30 days in the recent actions panel.
- View more details such as previous and current value of the settings changed and directly access the site details panel to review the change.
- Export and download a. csv file detailing all the changes made within the last 30 days.
Without Microsoft Syntex - SharePoint Advanced Management, you can only view actions made in the current session. Once you close the browser or sign out, the recent actions panel will clear the history.
View recent actions of a site
- In the SharePoint admin center, expand Sites and select Active sites.
- Select Your recent actions. The recent actions panel appears and lists your most recent 30 actions made within the last 30 days.
- Select Export to download the list as a .csv file.
- Select View site details to open the site info panel. From here, you can make changes to site properties like site name, site address, hub association and aliases.
If you close the browser while actions are in-progress, they will not be recorded in the panel or .csv file. Failed actions are recorded in the panel, but are removed once you exit the current session. The export .csv file will not contain failed actions.
Bulk site edits
Here’s an example of how bulk edits are grouped as one action in the recent actions panel:
You deleted 4 SharePoint sites on May 21 at 12:10 AM. The bulk edit shows as one item named Deleted 4 sites on the recent actions panel. Select the Deleted 4 sites action and the list of deleted SharePoint sites appear.